Key to achieving THOR’s mission is building capacity to increase the use of persistent identifiers. To establish a sustainable e-infrastructure, we need to make sure we are reaching as many people as possible so the entire research community will see the advantages of integrated and interoperable PID systems. Not only THOR project partners are contributing to building this human infrastructure but we are receiving help from ambassadors from throughout the research community, from different countries and organisations.
The following people have already joined our group to promote THOR activities and to achieve our mission:
- Chris Baars, DANS, The Netherlands (ORCID: 0000-0002-5228-1970)
- Bruce Becker, CSIR Meraka Institute, South Africa (ORCID: 0000-0002-6607-7145)
- Stephen Grace, London South Bank University, UK (ORCID: 0000-0001-8874-2671)
- Jord Hanus, University of Antwerp, Belgium (ORCID: 0000-0002-0905-9864)
- Patricia Herterich, University of Birmingham, UK (ORCID: 0000-0002-4542-9906)
- Dave Lyons (ORCID: 0000-0002-2695-318X)
- David McElroy, Birkbeck College (University of London), UK (ORCID: 0000-0002-0966-8862)
- Eva Méndez, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain (ORCID: 0000-0002-5337-4722 )
- Fiona Murphy (ORCID: 0000-0003-1693-1240)
- Eduardo Olmedo, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain (ORCID: 0000-0001-7966-1423)
- Stian Soiland-Reyes, University of Manchester, UK (ORCID: 0000-0001-9842-9718)
- Maurice Vanderfeesten, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands (ORCID: 0000-0001-6397-4759)
THOR is delighted to have the support of these enthusiastic volunteers who can leverage their own networks to effectively communicate THOR’s mission. THOR ambassadors support and extend THOR’s outreach activities through presentations, networking, social media, conference attendance, and other methods of communication.
Discussions via e-mail on a variety of THOR topics take place regularly. This week Bruce Becker initiated a discussion on sorting and ranking works within a researcher’s ORCID record. Maurice Vanderfeesten commented: “I like the discussion that came out of this one e-mail. And it basically shows the enthusiasm and passion we have for the subject. I learned a lot. …Thank you ambassadors for meeting you all, and being a source of inspiration.”
Would you like to join our ambassador team and help promote THOR’s mission within your organisation and network? Don’t hesitate any longer and get in touch!